On behalf of Research Triangle Institute, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking Part-Time Field Interviewers for a government sponsored research study.
The Public Education Campaign on Teen Tobacco (ExPECTT) - Cohort 2 study sponsored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products (FDA-CTP) is conducting the ExPECTT2 study too measure awareness of and exposure to FDA’s Real Cost campaign among youth ages 11 - 16 and the campaign’s impact on outcome variables of interest. Data will be collected in 100 primary areas across the United States. After screening by mail and in person, the evaluation will consist of an interviewer-administered parent/guardian interview and an in person self-administered baseline interview with eligible youth. Youth will be invited to complete three additional follow-up interviews either online or in person. Data from this evaluation will be used to gauge campaign awareness and examine the statistical relationships between exposure to the campaign and the outcome variables of interest among youth.
This position is part time, offering roughly 20 – 25 hours/week. This position is scheduled to last 10 weeks depending on location and project needs beginning at the end of July, 2018. We are looking for individuals who will be able to work evening and weekend hours, maintain a varied schedule, and travel locally. Qualified Candidates will be able to commit to the duration of the project.
- Be available for at least 20-25 hours per week to conduct interviewing during the field period data collection period
- Have reliable personal automobile available for business use
- Be available and willing to work evenings and weekend hours as required by your specific assignment
- Complete the required number of interviews by the end of the data collection period in an efficient and timely manner
- Conduct valid, high quality in-person interviews in compliance with all project protocols covered at training and documented in the project manual
- Obtain cooperation of study participants by effectively answering questions and addressing concerns
- Accurately complete all project documentation, including electronic survey instruments and all reporting forms
- Adhere to project deadlines for completing interviews, reporting progress, remaining cost efficient and returning materials and equipment
- Keep project information confidential.
- Ability to complete all required activities in a professional manner, while maintaining the integrity of all information acquired
- Maintain a professional, cooperative relationship with your Field Supervisor and other project staff, objectively sharing your thoughts while displaying an understanding of project management’s concerns
- Be receptive—not defensive—when given feedback from project personnel about your performance, striving to learn and improve
- Prompt, reliable and accurate reporting to Field Supervisor
- Must have regular access to an internet connection for data transmissions
- Must be physically able to carry the necessary equipment, including a laptop computer. The total weight of required equipment is approximately 15 pounds
- Must be willing to travel as needed (i.e. trainings), stand, walk, climb stairs and sit for at least 4 hours
- Must communicate through speech and listening, and electronically with project staff
TRAINING & PAY
Field Interviewers will be expected to attend a 4 day out of town in –person paid training, which is tentatively scheduled for July 23, 2018. Attendance at training is mandatory. Trainees must successfully complete training to continue employment on the project.
Project related mileage would be reimbursed at the government rate of $.54/mile
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.