On behalf of RTI International, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking motivated and independent individuals for Part Time Field Interviewers for the POSITEv Study. As a Part-Time Field Interviewer (FI), you will prepare for and conduct data collection operations according to project protocols. You will ensure that field data collection activities are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner, the data collected is of the highest possible quality, and all activities are conducted in a professional manner following established procedures. Ideal candidates are comfortable travelling frequently and making home-visits to interview pre-selected potential study participants.
ABOUT THE STUDY
The Point of Sale Intervention for Tobacco Evaluation or POSITEv is a research study sponsored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The study is designed to collect information from about 4,500 adults across the country about ads they have seen and their attitudes towards smoking and programs that help smokers who want to quit. The respondents will be contacted at home and screened by the interviewer using a tablet. Selected respondents will complete a partially self-administered interview on a laptop. Additional waves will take place between the end of 2018 into 2020.
- Obtain cooperation of household members and sampled adults by effectively answering questions and addressing concerns about screening and panel enrollment
- Successfully screen households and conduct field interviews
- Accurately complete all project documents and reports including interviewer observation surveys, interview-related paperwork, and any other reporting forms while adhering strictly to project deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to work with your supervisor, complete assignments on schedule, and keep your supervisor informed of problem areas that might affect progress
- Assume full and legal responsibility for use and care of all cash incentives, tablet computers, laptops, and other items provided
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of progress in the field and transmit data to RTI each day you work and a minimum of 3 times per week
- Submit timely and accurate time and expense reports
- Remain available for possible overnight travel if remote segments are part of the assignment area
- Effective communication skills through speech and listening, and fluency in English through reading, writing, and speaking
- Ability to read text verbatim from a tablet screen and paper documents
- In-person completion of household screening, and interviewing of selected sampled adults over a data collection period from March through June 2018
- Reliable, personal automobile available for business use along with a registered Driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Regular access to a computer with a wireless internet connection for data transmissions and administrative responsibilities.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends on a weekly and regular basis
- Able to keep project information private and all data confidential
- Attend and successfully complete a mandatory 4-day training session scheduled for August 6-9, 2018 in Raleigh, North Carolina (Requires travel, all expenses covered by RTI)
- Available to work a schedule of approximately 25-30 non-travel hours per week to conduct screening/enrollment during field data collection period
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel frequently to respondent locations
- Be outside and exposed to all types of weather
- Be exposed to fumes and odors as might be expected in any outdoor environment
- Stand, walk, and climb stairs
- Communicate through speech and listening
- Transport equipment and materials, such as a tablet computer, weighing 5 pounds or more
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.