Are you looking for a part-time, long-term career with a variable schedule that allows you to work independently and not be stuck in an office? Are you a self-motivated individual who enjoys interacting with others? Are you able to commit to evening and weekend hours for the first 6-8 weeks of every quarter? Are you comfortable approaching selected households WITHOUT a prior appointment?
On behalf of RTI International, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking self-motivated and approachable individuals to work on a government-sponsored research study, the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). This important study is the primary source of data on the use of tobacco, alcohol, illicit drugs, and non-medical use of prescription drugs.
If you’re interested in engaging people from diverse backgrounds and passionate about the health and well-being of your community, this may be the job for you. Qualified candidates MUST be able to work when respondents are available and be comfortable working a consistent, varied schedule to accommodate project needs.
Applicant must live within Lewis and Clark County, Jefferson County, or Broad-Water County
Field Interviewers are responsible for:
- Making in-person contact with selected households to discuss the study, answer questions and obtain participation
- Collecting confidential information and administering the NSDUH interview
- Working a fluid schedule of approximately 20-25 hours a week, mostly evenings and weekends, when work is available
- Independently managing administrative duties, including participating in conference calls and completing online trainings
Ideal Candidates have the following attributes:
- Positive, self-motivated, curious, and enjoy interacting with people from culturally-diverse backgrounds
- Effective time, schedule, and workload management skills to meet set deadlines
- Computer skills, namely email and internet proficiency
Additional Location Specifics
Applicant must be able to travel 2-3 times per quarter for 2 to 7 days per trip.
This position falls under the Services Contract Act (SCA). Hourly wage will be determined based on the county in which work is being performed. The pay rate for Lewis and Clark County, Montana is $14.70/hour. In addition to hourly pay, a Health and Welfare stipend of $4.41 per hour will be provided for up to 40 hours per week.
This position offers:
- Annual incentive payments
- Eligibility to receive pay for up to 10 holidays
- Annual vacation time payout
- Paid training
- Paid mileage for traveling to selected households
- Access to 401(k) plan
- Opportunity to work on a project that collects data to support planning for prevention and treatment programs that serve their community
- Certified bilingual interviewers will be paid an additional $0.50 per hour
The physical demands to be described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Travel frequently to respondent locations.
- Be outside and exposed to all types of weather.
- Be able to drive and work outside after dark.
- Be exposed to fumes and odors as might be expected in any outdoor environment.
- Stand, walk, and climb stairs.
- Communicate effectively through speech and listening in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Transport project equipment and materials such as laptop computers and notebooks weighing 12 pounds or more
For more information about this position, watch this informative video: https://vimeo.com/246310760
Apply here to begin the conversation about this position. Interviews are ongoing and the position will begin in September 2018.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.