Part Time Pharmacist
At Compass Oncology, we provide as many in-house services to our patients to make their journey on the Cancer Care Continuum as easy as possible. One of these services is our in-house retail pharmacy. This team is growing, and looking to add a Part Time Pharmacist to help maintain daily operations. Our unique pharmacy setting is a mix of clinical and retail pharmacy – a blend of heavy patient education with the need for strong customer service mentality. This individual should have strong patient education abilities, possesses high level documentation skills, and is able to enhance the pharmacy’s efficiency. This position is part time – two days a week at Compass’ Central Business Office in East Vancouver.
Employment Type: Part Time – 16hr/week; additional hours as needed for coverage
Location: Vancouver, WA
Assists the Lead Pharmacist in overseeing pharmaceutical care plans in designated specialty area or product line, including initial patient evaluations, development of care plans, and ensuring treatment plans are carried out. Ensures ongoing review of patient clinical status. Recommends adjustments to drug therapy based on clinical status and treatment outcomes. Coordinates with clinical providers to ensure all aspects of pharmaceutical care are delivered in a safe and timely manner. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders.
- Maintains and evaluates patient profile and comprehensive drug data file to evaluate orders for any incompatibilities.
- Checks all orders for completeness of information.
- Verifies patient information and proper physician authorization.
- Ensures correct preparation of all formulas or medications.
- Checks all prescriptions for completeness and calculates correct dosages, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents.
- Organizes and directs technician's workflow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and patients. Provides and documents drug counseling to all patients.
- Ensures all legal and professional requirements are adhered to, including controlled substances. Consults with patients to determine pre-existing conditions to assess medication compatibility.
- Instructs patients on effects of food and alcohol intake. Warns of potential side effects. Provides professional drug information and assistance to medical staff.
- Participates in pharmacy teaching and in-service programs.
- Logs and dates all drugs that are being used. Checks drugs monthly for outdates. Keeps accurate temperature logs. Keeps accurate logs on all protocol drugs and patient assistance drugs.
- Assists with inventory control of medications. Orders supplies and medications. Receives and shelves medications.
- Ensures that standard drug supplies are in adequate supply in all departments. Prepares labels. Files and prepares billing. Computes prices.
- Receives new drug education from drug representatives; remains abreast of new information. Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients and medical staff. Prepares reports and monitoring activities as directed.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of pharmacy
- 5 years experience as a registered pharmacist.
- Oncology background preferred.
- Combination of Hospital and Retail experience preferred.
- Current WA Pharmacy License
More About The Company
Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in the fields of surgical, medical and radiation oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 75 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with five clinical offices located throughout the metro area.
To learn more about Compass Oncology and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.CompassOncology.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.