Mathematica Policy Research, a nationally recognized social policy research company, is conducting a study on behalf of the U.S. Department of Education to examine the impact of individualized feedback and coaching to support teachers. Selected teachers will be assigned a coach who reviews video recordings of their classroom and provides actionable steps that teachers can take to improve their instruction.
The research team will also review beginning of the year and end of the year video observations to study changes in teaching practices and its relationship to student achievement. In 2018-19, the study will recruit approximately 100 schools and 400 fourth and fifth grade public school teachers from about fifteen districts in the U.S. Schools. Teachers will be randomly assigned to receive either the video feedback intervention or the usual professional development provided by the district.
On behalf of Mathematica Policy Research, Headway Workforce Solutions is seeking part-time, school-based data collectors to work on this U.S. Department of Education sponsored study called Teacher Prep.
As a Part-Time School Data Collector, you should live within a 30-mile radius of Augusta, GA. Training and project work will begin on August 2nd and continue through Spring 2019.
For this study, we are seeking Part-Time School Data Collectors to:
- Gather teacher’s class schedules, student lists, and parent permission forms for students before video recording classrooms
- Upload classroom information through a secure file sharing platform using laptops provided by the study
- Conduct video recordings in classrooms (to include set up, video recording and take down of equipment – equipment consists of a camera kit with bag, two iPads, two iPods, MiFi, chargers and two small portable tripods provided by the study
- Upload videos to a secure cloud system after completing a recording
- Attend a two-day training in your area to learn to use the equipment
- Assist with teacher survey follow-up if needed
- Work of up to 25 hours per week (Monday-Friday during the school day approximately 8am to 4pm). Please note there may be less work during the middle of the project’s data collection period (October 2018 to February 2019) Pay Rate for this positions is $18.00/hour
- Experience working in a school setting and ability to interact with school administration staff and teachers
- Proficient and comfortable with technology, including laptops, and especially with using a tablet or other touchscreen device to take video
- Must complete training activities required to obtain certification indicating readiness for work assignments
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
- Must undergo background check and Department of Education clearance
- Must be willing to undergo additional background check by school district if required
- Communicate effectively through speech and listening in classroom environments
- Transport project equipment and materials such as laptop computers and notebooks weighing up to 15-20 pounds or more
- Be exposed to fumes and odors as might be expected in a variable environment
Additional Data Collector responsibilities include managing daily and weekly assignments. Progress will be monitored by the Mathematica Field Manager.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.