Counter Sales Job Description
Function: Handles all sales functions in a professional manner for counter customers by providing prompt and efficient service to achieve maximum sales and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities: Includes continuous ongoing projects in development of the department and cross training as well as the following:
- Exhibit a positive, friendly & helpful attitude with customers and be sensitive to their needs.
- Determine merchandise required by customer and suggest alternative and/or additional items related to the customer’s order.
- Create sales order.
- Select appropriate merchandise from stock.
- Receive payment or obtain credit information.
- Properly prepare merchandise for customer transportation.
- Maintain counter area displays of merchandise in an orderly and attractive
- Assist and resolve customer complaints.
- Keeps abreast of new product information and upcoming product promotions.
- General cleaning and janitorial duties of location.
- Any additional tasks as assigned by the Branch/Counter Manager.
- Essential customer service and communication skills.
- Exceptional phone skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Product and application knowledge, including ability to navigate manufacturer websites.
- PC / proprietary proficiency for data entry and utilization of business application software including web browsers & internet search engines.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks (discounts vs. markup, customer pricing, etc).
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions in English.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Physical demands of the job
- State/local requirements