Under the direction of the Maintenance Operations Planner, this position is responsible for operating a parts storeroom, which includes: receiving, stocking, and issuing parts, tools, miscellaneous materials, and supplies for a transit maintenance facility operating approximately 250 buses.
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDResponsibilities
- Issues parts and supplies to mechanics who perform a variety of maintenance repairs
- Assists in researching and identifying parts and components needed for the repair of buses, using parts and supplies catalogs
- Receives incoming shipments, verifies packing slips, records deliveries and enters receiving data into automated inventory system
- Distributes incoming materials to appropriate departments
- Prepares paperwork and packages materials for shipment
- Performs regular physical inventories (cycle amounts) and makes appropriate adjustments
- Reviews inventory stocking levels and makes recommendations
- Follows-up on outstanding purchase orders, contacts vendors and expedites shipments
- Operates a forklift and makes local supply pick-ups and deliveries
- Complies with all safety regulations as stated in the agency’s safety program, and reports safety-related accidents, incidents and unsafe work conditions
- Attends safety-training programs as required
- Other duties may be assigned
Candidates must have experience in inventory control procedures,record-keeping practices, principles of inventory and control planning and warehouse management. Must be able to read and interpret vendor parts and supplies catalogs, and maintain effective and productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
This position must be able to fill job requirements at the agency’s two Long Beach facilities, working variable shifts throughout the day for a 24/7 operation. This position requires bending, stooping and lifting. Candidates must be able to learn to operate a forklift and pallet jack, and must have a valid California Driver’s License and an excellent safe driving record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Must be computer literate and have experience with office equipment (copier, fax, etc.). Experience or training in automotive supply store general office procedures is desirable.
WAGE BANDD- Hiring range: $3,326 to $3,908/month (DOQ), with excellent fringe benefits.Submit resume, APPLY ONLINE, (H-6 DMV printoutwithin 30 DaysUPON REQUEST).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful candidate must pass company physical, drug and alcohol test.
Long Beach Transit 1963 E. Anaheim Street, Long Beach, California 90813