RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Patient Account Representative in North Olmsted, Ohio (OH).
Purpose and Scope:
The Patient Account Representative - Collections provides administrative support to the collections operations within the assigned function(s). Through ongoing database maintenance, the candidate ensures the timely receipt of claim payments and minimizes bad debt accrual. In this capacity, the Patient Account Representative - collections provides outstanding customer service to customers and vendors through effective and timely communication.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, identify and resolve routine outstanding claims
- Generate and analyze diverse reports and work lists in the identification and resolution of general patient account issues
- Assist in the resolution of outstanding payments from past due accounts
- Ensure timely receipt of claim payments; processing payments accordingly and reconciling all necessary data
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with company policies and procedures; ensuring timely and complete documentation of activities performed
- May serve as a point of contact for customers and/or external vendors in response to inquiries and unresolved issues
- May mentor other staff as applicable
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED required
- General computer skills with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and email applications
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers and all levels of management
Physical demands and working conditions: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.