Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Med/Surgteam. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Long-established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopaedics program featuring Blue Distinction® designation for hip and knee replacement.
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is currently looking for a Patient Care Technician.
Shift: Full-Time Days (with rotating weekends)
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
General Essential Functions:
- Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
- Retrieves supplies from pharmacy, storage room, or tube systems and delivers as permitted by regulation and hospital policy.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other procedure.
- Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital routine.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
- Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation procedures.
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms. Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment. Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying messages.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.