The Intake Specialist is responsible for representing one of our top Healthcare clients in Austin, TX. The position requires receiving incoming calls from patients and scheduling various appointment types for multiple locations. The Intake Specialist is responsible for navigating in NextGen to determine the most appropriate location, clinician, and appointment type needed for the patient. The Intake Specialist must also be able to triage calls as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
This position includes the functions or roles listed below.
· Communicate with patients over the phone
· Appropriately document and confirm requested appointment
· Provide excellent customer service
· Determine appropriate location and resource for appointment
· Manage incoming faxes from referral sources
· Triage and route general inquiry calls
· Contact patient for no show/rescheduled appointments
· Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill:
· Ability to communicate with patients
· Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to follow written and verbal directions
· Resourceful and flexible team player who excels at building trusting relationships with patients, referral sources and colleagues
· Working knowledge of HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations and terminology for private payer, state and federal plans including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols
· Proficient computer skills including Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems
· Working knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPC/CPT and other coding
· Ability to use all necessary office equipment, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
· Knowledge of state, federal and regional collection and reimbursement laws where applicable.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks (ex. multitasking) with a high degree of detail orientation while working in a fast paced environment
· Must have an enthusiastic and positive attitude
· Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and be attentive to detail
· Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
· Maintain professional attire
· Complete continued education/training requirements
· Report to work on time and as scheduled
· Wear identification while on duty
· Represent our client in a positive and professional manner at all times
· Comply with all policies and standards regarding ethical business practices
· Communicate the mission, ethics and goals of our client.
· Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities
Experience and Education:
· High school education or equivalent
· Experience in a medical office preferred
· Medical terminology knowledge preferred
· Experience with EMR systems (NextGen) preferred
· Basic computer knowledge
· Spanish speaking is a plus
· DME/Orthotic knowledge is a plus
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.