Patient Service Representative
Remote/Work from Home
Hours: 9:00-5:30 ET (2 days) and 12:00-8:30pm ET (3 days)
At ConsumerMedical (www.consumermedical.com), we’re a medical ally that empowers employees and their families to make better medical decisions at every point in their healthcare journey. We do this by combining our deep clinical expertise with compassionate, high-touch support and a unique understanding of all the challenges along the way.
We offer what only independent medical experts can: unbiased answers on any medical condition, vital information curated for each participant, advice based on hard evidence, assistance getting expert opinions, and the one-on-one support to make even the most difficult health decisions with confidence. Our comprehensive solution integrates medical decision support and expert medical opinion to guide individuals and families throughout the healthcare journey, while also reducing unnecessary elective surgeries and driving patients to the highest quality providers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A college graduate in a health-related field or relevant work experience
- 1-2 years of claim advocacy experience preferred
- Must be able to multitask while providing excellent customer service to our participants
- Call Center experience preferred
- Understands clinical terminology and has experience working with participants/consumers in a health-related environment
- Experience communicating medical information to a non-medical audience
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented approach to problem solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
- Experience working with a variety of digital/internet media and interest in exploring new information technology
- Enthusiastic, must enjoy working independently and in a team environment
- Must be comfortable with a fast paced, evolving operation
- Strong telephonic communication skills requesting confidential medical information
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Bi-lingual in English/ Spanish a plus
- Builds effective rapport with all callers
- Probes to ensure that all the needs of the participant are identified
- Prioritizes the most important service needed (coaching, information, emotional support)
- Works closely with the nurse team and or other teams to determine best method to satisfy participants need(s)
- Identifies areas of potential impact during the enrollment process and communicates that to appropriate resource
- Responsible for promoting CM services with goal of increasing engagement
- Provides web navigation and assistance in registering on the patient- facing web site
- Review claims and resolve issues
- Direct contact with provider’s office and health plan to resolve claims
- Follow up on claims until resolution
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.comHelp for consideration.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
ConsumerMedical is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will ConsumerMedical discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.