CSI Health is actively seeking a Patient Services Representative for our client located in the Lenexa, KS area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
The scheduled hours of this position range from 7:30am-7:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Business needs require a schedule with at least two closing shifts (11:00am-7:30pm) per week.
- The ideal candidate is flexible with the schedule and willing to adapt to any changes.
As a Pharmacy Service Representative (PSR) with our client, you will enjoy helping people on their path to better health, by providing superior customer service to patient receiving life sustaining specialty drug therapy.
We are more than customer service phone lines; we are lifelines to our patients!
Join our team of professionals to provide high impact customer service exhibiting courteous telephone etiquette, patience, professionalism and empathetic services to our clients while providing participants with the right information at the right time.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist our specialty patients by providing inbound telephone support in a fast paced work environment.
- PSR’s coordinate and process new and refill medication orders, verify insurance eligibility, prior authorization and other reimbursements requirements.
- As a part of our culture, we are seeking individuals who have an innovative spirit, a diverse work experience, and an ability to multi-task.
- This role is an important first-line contact with our customers, setting the tone for how our company and services are experienced.
- Superb communication skills are needed to effectively interact with our patients, insurance companies and internal partners.
- Minimum 1+ year experience in a customer service role including inbound/outbound phone responsibilities.
- Qualified candidates must possess a solid work ethic.
- Demonstrable responsiveness and reliability as attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Good customer service skills exhibiting a courteous telephone etiquette, patience and professionalism.
- Successful candidates also possess pharmacy, medical, pharmacy benefit management, home health, or caregiver job knowledge including insurance and/or medical terminology knowledge.
- Strong computer navigation skills; PC proficiency in Windows-based application, internet skills, navigation, and troubleshooting ability.
- Verifiable High School diploma or equivalent is required.