Pays employees by compiling and processing payroll information; maintaining records.
* Updates records by reviewing and entering changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, paid-time not worked, status, and pay;
* Prepares pay by verifying time records; calculating and producing checks or electronic transfers; calculating and producing quarterly incentive bonuses.
* Balances payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
* Determines payroll liabilities by entering federal and state income and social security tax information, 401k transfer and direct deposits, wage assignments and garnishments.
* Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings; negotiating with collection agencies to convert garnishments to wage assignments.
* Remits tax payments by collecting and verifying data; preparing federal, state, and local tax reports, and w2 statements; initiating payment.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading regulations and professional publications.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Tax, Compensation and Wage Structure, Worker Compensation, Benefits Administration, Employment Law, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication
*Construction background a plus
*Ability to also do Accounting