This accounting position is primarily responsible for payroll functions, payroll/labor analysis, as well as any other accounting related functions which may be needed. The individual in this position must can execute payroll independently and on time. The Payroll Administrator will work with the Financial Accountants and the Controller on special projects and analyses as required and will assist the Human Resources Director as needed. This position requires diligence, flexibility and attention to detail due to the fast-paced environment.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours and days may vary to meet Accounting work deadlines.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis/major in Accounting.
- Licensure/Certification: None
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in payroll and/or general ledger accounting, or operations with an emphasis in Healthcare Payroll preferred.
- Reviews time records and other payroll data for accuracy, policy compliance and appropriateness and enters data into payroll system.
- Previews payroll runs for accuracy and ensures payroll data balances prior to processing payroll.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local tax payments.
- Independently and accurately prepares various payroll reports.
- Analyzes various aspects of payroll to provide critical information to Accounting and HR.
- Maintains payroll files in a confidential, organized and thorough manner.
Completes all payroll functions accurately and within required time frames.
- If needed, prepare journal entries to assist the Accounting Team
- Assist other members of the Accounting Team in Reporting functions
- Maintain responsibility of analysis and reporting of FTEs on a bi-weekly and monthly basis
- Assist in the budgeting process as it primarily relates to the salaries and wages portion of the financial statements.