Mainz Brady Group is one of the fastest growing technology staffing firms on the West Coast with offices in Washington, Oregon and California.
Main Brady Group is looking for a Payroll Assistant to work out of our San Mateo, CA corporate office. This position will report to and assist the Payroll Supervisor in the day-to-day functions of our fast-paced and growing accounting department here at Mainz Brady Group.
The right candidate will be available ASAP. This is a temp-to-hire position which will lead to a salaried role with greater responsibility.
Please only submit your resume if you are a local candidate.
- Utilizing ADP Workforce Now and Microsoft Excel to process multi-state, bi-weekly payrolls, including new hire entry/file changes, deduction setup, etc.
- Works with employees to correct timesheet issues and ensure processes are followed
- Maintains digital and paper employee new hire paperwork. Checks for accuracy and compliance to law and our client’s specifications
- Assists in preparing weekly payroll reports and audits
- Assists with termination payments and other manual payment calculations. Ensures timeliness of all payments
- Tracking and calculating vacation and sick pay
- Responds to garnishment requests and employment agency notices and certifies the accuracy of information provided
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times and provides the highest level of customer service
- Other duties as assigned to support the Payroll Supervisor and Accounting Department
- Available to work 8:30am–5:00pm, M-F, overtime as needed, with own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Strong Excel, Word and Outlook skills. ADP Workforce Now experience would be great.
- You possess some payroll experience and excellent data entry skills
- You are self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, an aptitude for research and problem solving, possess a strong desire to learn and have a solid work ethic.
- You possess excellent prioritization and organizational skills, are able to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- You respect and are able to maintain confidentiality
- Are a team player, willing to lend a hand
- Have the ability to interact professionally with all levels of management, employees, clients and vendors and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and assume additional responsibilities as required
- Medical, dental and vision, 401k, PTO, 10 Holidays/year, half-days before a holiday, free food!
(stocked kitchen and take-out lunches from restaurants) and fun outings each quarter.
This is a learning environment with a lot of support. If you desire a position in payroll, this is a great place to bring the customer service and data entry skills you already have and to build payroll knowledge.
All local, interested candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com adding on the subject line “Payroll Assistant, [your name]”.
Please visit our website at www.mainzbradygroup.com for more information on our company and its service offerings.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope you join our team!