Job ID: 143046
West Virginia Paving, Inc., a CRH company, is one of West Virginia’s premier grading and paving contractors in the state. West Virginia Paving, Inc. performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete and more. Privately owned and operated until joining the CRH family in 2000, West Virginia Paving, Inc. has been servicing residents of West Virginia with the foremost paving services for decades. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
The Payroll Clerk will process the weekly payroll for union and non-union employees and ensure the accuracy of payroll and compliance with company policies and legal requirements. The ideal candidate should be highly organized and able to work under pressure while exhibiting knowledge of payroll processes and wage and hour laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurate and timely preparation and processing of weekly union and non-union payroll
- Maintain accurate payroll records: Data entry for time and attendance transactions
- Assist employees with payroll related inquires
- Compile reports for Construction/Certified Payrolls/Davis Bacon/Unions
- Compile monthly and/or weekly reports as directed
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory guidelines, prevailing wages and collective bargaining agreements (unions)
- Provide back-up assistance to other Payroll/Benefit Administrators
- Create and produce routine required payroll reports and information data reports as requested by management
- Ability to research general ledgers and perform reconciliations
- Assure proper policies are followed
- Knowledge of SOX requirements
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations
- Respond to requests for payroll information from internal and external authorized parties
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with all levels of company employees
- Assist with other projects as assigned by management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or equivalent experience.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
West Virginia Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.