Preforms a variety of general administrative payroll functions. Compiles data and maintains payroll records in accordance with standard procedures. Works with a team of payroll specialists to ensure accurate weekly processing of payroll, and maintenance of payroll records. Requires demonstrated ability to handle highly sensitive information and maintain a high level of integrity, strict confidentiality and professionalism at all times. This is an entry-level administrative position, which will also serve regularly as the Seatlle Office's back-up receptionist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs data entry, calculator/10 key, word processing, utilizes spreadsheet and database programs.
- Provides a variety of routine office/clerical duties including organizing, filing, scanning, coding, data entry and maintenance of confidential payroll records.
- Back up support to front desk reception and is responsible for handling multi-line phone system and providing customer service at front desk reception.
- Enters new hires/rehires into the HRMS/Payroll systems following procedural guides.
- Scans, codes and indexes payroll records into electronic filing system.
- Verifies and audits timekeeping records for accuracy.
- Works within established standards maintaining time and entry records.
- Access to compensation information is necessary to perform this job function or another routinely assigned business task, and the essential function or duties of the position include protecting and maintaining privacy of employee personnel records and confidential information, including maintaining the confidentiality of compensation information.
- Prepares and submits multi-state certified payroll reports and garnishments.
- Handles correspondence with outside agencies including employment verifications and unemployment claims.
- Ensures compliance with Mansons Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Conduct.
- Responsible for practicing safe work standards and promoting an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) work environment as a condition of employment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform satisfactorily the essential duties and responsibilities noted above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one year related experience. Working knowledge of state and federal payroll regulations preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
American Payroll Association Certified Payroll Professional certification preferred.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required; experience with Sage300 and/or Sage HRMS/Abbra is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret governmental regulations and documents such as procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak professionally and effectively with employees, vendors and government agencies.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram or schedule form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is primarily an office position, performs work at a desk, and is required to use a telephone
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, to grasp, grip, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use stairs, ladders, and step stools and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Manson Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.