Geisinger is seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Hospitalist to join our team of Geisinger providers in our Northeast campus which is expanding our services to Geisinger Community Medical Center in Scranton, Pennsylvania
The successful candidate will provide coverage for inpatient/observation admissions, emergency room consults, and coverage of Level 1 Nursery. Schedule will be an aggregate of seven days on and seven days off with after- hours coverage by beeper call at home (30 minute availability).
About this position:
- Coverage of Level I nursery primarily driven for our new Certified Nurse Midwife practice which has back up from Obstetrics. Coverage for deliveries as needed to include coverage for c-sections. Care will be for low risk deliveries of well infants 35 weeks and above with transfer of sick infants to our NICU 20 minutes, away. Circumcisions are provided by the Pediatric Hospitalists.
- Care of community based pediatric patients based on a mixed population med/surgical unit. Most admissions will be from community physicians as well as referrals from the emergency department.
- Emergency room consults are usually handled by telephone or direct admission.
- Will provide consults for other services on admitted pediatric patients.
- Provides preoperative clearance for podiatry patients requiring surgical services.
- Provides care of adolescent psychiatry patients awaiting mental health placement.
For more information contact Rudy Carbaugh, MD c/o Betsey Kelchner, Department of Talent Management, at email@example.com
At Geisinger, were not afraid to do things differently when it comes to delivering excellent care. We use iOS technology to engage and empower our patients to take charge of their health. Innovative tools like MyChart Bedside keep our physicians better connected and patients more informed - and allow you to work in a totally different, more impactful way. What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives - for our patients, communities, and you.
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.