Work Schedule/Days: Day/Variable
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Hughes Spalding
Requisition #: 46541
Responsible for providing comprehensive care at an advanced practice level to children and their families through assessment, communication, clinical management, collaboration, coordination, education, program development, research, self evaluation, professional development and system participation.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
• Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in the state of Georgia
• Certification by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Certification program (AANP), Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB), or National Certification Corporation (NCC)
• Nurse Practitioners working in Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, Anesthesia, Hematology/Oncology and Critical Care must have a current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 60 days of hire
• Nurse Practitioner working in other areas must have current Basic Life Support (BLS) or PEARS Certification upon hire
• Nurse Practitioners working in Neonatology may provide NRP certification in lieu of PALS
- No minimum experience required
- Two years experience in pediatric nursing preferred
- Experience in program development preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Proficiency in pediatric physical assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Provides comprehensive patient care management within a collaborative practice model, with functions and duties as outlined in the physician/APRN practice agreements.
- Provides culturally sensitive patient care that is in accordance with state licensure and regulations, and is based upon the standards of practice as defined by APRN certifying agencies (PNCB, ANCC).
- Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements, and evaluates care of the pediatric patient working collaboratively with other health professionals using approaches that recognize each one’s expertise to meet the needs of the patients.
- Consistently works to eliminate communication barriers, participating as a key member of an interdisciplinary team
- Serves as an educational resource for patients, families, health care professionals, students, and lay public regarding area of clinical subspecialty. Assists in development, creation and implementation of educational programs.
- Participates in identification and development of programs within clinical specialty at service line, system, and/or regional levels as required by the service line.
- Utilizes research to identify, examine, and evaluate creative approaches to health care with the goal of improved outcomes for the patient and family. Participates in continuous quality improvement based on professional practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
- Expands clinical and professional knowledge base. Recognizes the importance of participation in professional organizations. Accepts personal responsibility for professional development and the maintenance of professional competence and credentials. Continuously conducts self-evaluation of advanced nursing practice skills in an effort to ensure competent clinical care and continued self-development.
- Participates in and complies with hospital/departmental policies, regulations, and programs. Assists in the development, implementation, management, marketing, and evaluation of a program of specialty and/or overall program.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27neighborhood locations and a total of 638 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for fourteen consecutive years and named one of the “100 Best Companies” by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 35 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, SE, Atlanta, GA 30303
Function: Advanced Practice Providers - Nurse Practitioner/Phys Assist