Provides patient care and staff education by utilizing specialty training; consulting with patients and health professionals.
* Assesses patient needs within specialty area by obtaining a medical history; examining the patient; gathering related information.
* Develops nursing care plan by analyzing and documenting the patient's physical condition, psychological status, and influencing social factors; applying special training.
* Provides coordinated patient treatment by communicating the nursing care plan and all pertinent information to other members of the health care team.
* Updates nursing care plan by maintaining and reviewing medical record; keeping abreast of changing conditions and needs; re-evaluating goals; modifying treatment plan.
* Maintains quality of care by integrating risk management, quality management, utilization management, and infection control management principles within the care plan.
* Prepares health care providers in speciality care delivery by applying knowledge and special training; providing educational programs; monitoring specialty care applications; counseling caregivers.
* Provides speciality care information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by recommending policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
* Updates specialty care job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances nursing and medical center reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Bedside Manner, Administering Medication, Judgment, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Infection Control, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Pain Management, Acute/Critical Care
Spanish as a second language or Medical spanish preferred
Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records needed.