Watkins Wellness, established in 1977 in Vista, Calif., is dedicated to promoting wellness to consumers who live active lifestyles and are health conscious. The company manufactures the Endless Pools® line of aquatic fitness products, and is also the world's largest manufacturer of hot tubs, including Hot Spring® Spas, Hot Spot® Spas, Caldera® Spas, and the American Hydrotherapy Systems spa brands. The Watkins Wellness dealer network extends into all 50 states and more than 70 countries. Watkins Wellness is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS), a Fortune 500 company whose products include Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets and Milgard® windows and doors. For more information about us, please visit our website at www.watkinsmfg.com .
We are seeking a People and Culture Business Partner to join our People Strategy and Services team!
IN A NUTSHELL
As our People and Culture Business Partner, you will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management, in support of an environment where high performance thrives, the Watkins Way. You’ll partner with assigned business units and serve as a consultant to management on a variety of Human Resources related issues while being an employee champion and change agent, assessing people-related needs and proactively partnering with our Talent Development Manager and other business leaders to develop integrated solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Are you analytical? We’ll look to you to analyze and interpret data and metrics regarding workforce trends, to develop solutions, programs and policies aimed at supporting functional and company objectives. You’ll partner with our Talent Acquisition, People Services, Wellness, and Talent Development teams to create programs that support our business objectives.
- Can you develop win/win solutions? You will be a point of contact for Employee Relations cases and will be tasked to conduct full investigations and to consult with subject matter and legal experts when needed. You’ll also be responsible for developing and executing an action plan, including any disciplinary action, based on your investigation to resolve the case with all parties’ best interests in mind.
- Are you a strong consultant? As a business partner, you will provide consultative guidance and mentorship to management and employees on a variety of topics such as: people management, performance management, team management, and organizational effectiveness. We’ll also rely on you to coach, counsel, provide guidance on career development, while working closely with management and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase engagement, productivity and retention.
- Are you an effective communicator? In this position, you will leverage your strong communication skills to share information and ideas to all levels within the organization, with proven ability to influence and achieve win-win solutions to various issues. You’ll also be asked to conduct presentations and/or trainings when needed.
- Can you see the big picture? For departing employees, you will be asked to conduct meaningful exit interviews and collect information regarding employee experience, reasons for leaving, and any other feedback from the employee to assess trends and themes, and determine when further action is needed. You’ll also be responsible for working with managers, the People Services team, and other appropriate parties, to ensure that employee departures are handled properly.
- Can you identify talent strategies? In partnership with our Talent Development and Talent Acquisition teams, we will look to you to help proactively identify, track, and recommend talent to fill key vacancies and support long-term growth strategies using enterprise programs and tools. You’ll recommend and implement training and development programs in line with building high performance teams, career path development, and developing leadership and key talent.
- Do you have a passion for employee development plans? As you work with our employee workforce, you will play a role in managing development plans for effectiveness and results, while overseeing overall progress of those development plans.
- Are you a team player? As part of a larger team, you’ll be able to participate and assist in various team projects, meetings, trainings, and other company and team events.
- Do you stay current? You will need to stay abreast of Human Resources trends and best practices in order to make recommendations that are beneficial and effective for Watkins Wellness. It will be critical that you remain aware of HR and California Employment legal requirements and any changes in state and/or federal regulations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Organizational Psychology is required.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience working in an HR Generalist or HR Business Partner related position. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices, CA and general Employment Law, and State/Federal legal requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with and successfully influence internal business leaders and employees at all levels.
- HR Certification such as SPHR/PHR/SHRM-HR is preferred.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office suite with the ability to prepare reports, worksheets, charts, presentations, procedures, and other data as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with and effectively present information to all levels within the organization is required.
- Experience working in a Manufacturing environment and Bilingual language skills (Spanish/English) are pluses.
We look for candidates that exhibit The Watkins Way (always Ethical, endeavors to be Transparent, embraces Inclusion, welcomes Diverse backgrounds and perspectives, Accommodating, believes in Work-Life Balance, puts Safety First, Accountable, values Relationships, Passionate, Team Player, and Goal Driven.)
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Watkins Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer.