Hospicare is seeking Registered Nurses to work On-Call per-diem (4:30pm-8:30am and weekends) for our Ithaca and Cortland based interdisciplinary teams. The per-diem RN works under the general direction of Hospicare’s Director of Patient Services and performs the following functions:
- Urgent clinical and psychosocial interventions for patients and their caregivers.
- Skilled pain and symptom management.
- Collaboration with other health care providers to maximize patient outcomes.
- Timely telephonic or in-person response, as appropriate, to meet the needs of patients and caregivers.
- Understands and is committed to the hospice philosophy of care. (required)
- Maintains a current license in NYS to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse. (required)
- Needs a private vehicle for travel within the agency’s service area. (required)
View complete job description here: