Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe our employees are our biggest asset. We need leaders who will provide guidance and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Personnel Supervisor, you will communicate new organizational goals, along with the appropriate action plans for implementation. We know that setting our employees up for success is the best way to ensure a brighter future for them and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide employee relations guidance to employees and advice to management within scope of position; identify and actively respond with sensitivity to the needs of customers, employees, and business unit managers
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations; review and understand recent and changing employment-related laws and guidelines, and communicate them to employees
- Communicate, interpret, and administer updated HR policies and procedures; ensure fair, equitable, and consistent application of all XPO Less-than-Truckload (LTL) policies and procedures
- Communicate benefit information to employees based on company handbook policies and procedures
- Assist with investigating a variety of employee-related issues, incidents, and complaints; resolve disputes and recommend appropriate/remedial action(s)
- Assist in developing and implementing programs regarding HR policies, procedures, and information
- Support recruiting team and HR managers by developing requisitions, scheduling interviews, presenting offers, facilitating candidate logistics, scheduling onboarding, and administering the training/orientation process
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and 2 years HR Generalist experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic business and customer service principles including planning and organizing, resource management, and leadership skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Availability to work an occasional weekend, and occasionally travel outside the area, including some overnight stays
- Bilingual English/Spanish
It’d be great if you also have:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification
- Ability to handle sensitive, moderately complex, and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening, and comprehension skills
- Ability to present and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning/facilitation ability; flexibility to function in a fast-paced and innovative environment; ability to dive into the details
- Ability to select, train, motivate, and lead a team of employees to maintain an efficient, customer service-driven operation
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.