Come Join a Growing Company!Reliable Tank Line is accepting applications for a full-time Petroleum Operations Dispatcher in Winston-Salem, NC.
The Dispatcher schedule is based on a compressed work week. Dispatchers work a 4 days on/3days off week followed by a 3 days on/4 days off work schedule or vice versa. The work schedules consist of Wednesday through Saturday schedule with Wednesday being the every other off day. Workdays are typically 6AM-6PM or 7AM-7PM per the needs of the business.
Complete benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, 401k with a 5% company match and profit sharing!
Reliable Tank Line LLC is a common carrier of petroleum products. We provide service for all of North Carolina, northern South Carolina, eastern Virginia and eastern Tennessee. Reliable Tank Line has a strong culture that promotes training and safety from the top down. To learn more about us and view our operating areas, please visit us at www.Reliabletankline.com
The Petroleum Operations Dispatcher is responsible for the day to day operation pertaining to the scheduling, purchasing, delivering, and dispatching of petroleum product. This position will make judgment decisions that directly impact whether Reliable Tank Line will have a financial gain or loss on each load. This position is responsible for work load distribution for drivers, and product/gallon distribution for customers. The Petroleum Operations Dispatcher must make sound decisions to direct, re-direct, and/or stop all processes of fuel as needed per the demand of business. The Petroleum Operations Dispatcher serves as the communication post for employees, customers, and suppliers. This position will operate the terminal in the absence of the terminal manager. He/she must be customer focused, energetic, and must be able to make sound decisions during stressful, fast paced environments. This position will report directly to the Dispatch Manager.
- Evaluate, decide, and direct drivers on where and what type of product will be purchased. Timely decisions must be made and executed properly to ensure profitability. This decision directly impacts whether there will be a financial gain and/or loss on each load.
- Evaluates and decides the amount of work RTL will accept and/or not accept from outside customers. This decision directly impacts whether there will be a financial gain and/or lost on each load.
- Evaluates and distributes work evenly to drivers. Evaluates work load vs. available hours of service to ensure DOT compliance for driver workforce.
- Communicate via computer system with drivers to assign, direct, re-direct and instruct work to meet business needs.
- Contacts non-inventory control customers to determine petroleum needs and to solicit additional product delivery.
- Serve as direct communication contact for employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Respond to customer orders, questions, and complaints/issues appropriately.
- Respond to employee questions, concerns, or issues.
- Respond to supplier concerns policies, rules, product allocation as appropriate.
- Make decision and executes orders and direction for mechanical failures and/or truck maintenance.
- Make decision and executes orders and direction appropriately for accidents and/or incidents (product mixes or spills)
- Operates terminal in absence of terminal manager.
- Evaluates and determines immediate disciplinary actions as needed for drivers. Makes termination suggestions to Terminal Manager.
- Supervises all drivers on shift.
- Has direct input and suggestion for performance evaluation. Will conduct driver performance evaluations with Terminal Manager.
- Transportation dispatching experience preferred - petroleum experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Must have proven, reputable decision making skills
- Must have solid Microsoft office experience and skill set as well internet based application experience