Medicine Cabinet, an independent pharmacy near Iowa City, Iowa, is interviewing for a pharmacist with an aptitude for leadership. The ideal candidate will be experienced in staff and pharmacy management, along with pharmacy services such as MTM and Medication Synchronization.
At the Medicine Cabinet we are driven by our mission as healthcare professionals to be cognizant and compassionate of patient quality of life issues. We desire to educate the patient to obtain optimum health outcomes.
The pharmacy is in Kalona, a tourist town bustling with friendly families. It is located in the hub of the downtown traffic flow, across from the US Post Office. Kalona is 20 miles south of Iowa City and within driving distance of other major Iowa towns such as Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, and the Quad cities.
The store is open Monday through Frida
- Proper storage of medications
- Prescription data input
- Prescription filling
- Prescription purchasing and inventory
- Necessary legal documentation of filling prescriptions
- Suggests improvements in
- Customer care
- Pharmacy systems
- Scope of practice innovations
- Pharmacist utilization
- Technicians and other staff utilization
- Maintains positive and professional relationships, interactions and communications with
- Prescribers and their staff
- Communicates with physicians and other medical personnel
- Is the patient’s pharmaceutical advocate
- Recommends alternative pharmaceutical therapy when appropriate
- Performs final check on all prescriptions
- Counsels patients on the appropriate use of their medications
- Teaches patients on the appropriate use of medical devices
- Assists other personnel with third party formulary challenges
- Advises delivery and shipping regarding narcotic shipping and receiving laws
- Advises customers in the store or over the phone relating to their over-the-counter products, nutritional supplements, and prescription needs
- Assures that all technicians and pharmacy operations are conducted safely and according to pharmacy law
- Conducts medication reviews as requested by patients
- Conducts community classes or marketing functions as necessary
- Oversees ordering, storage and dispensing of CII prescriptions and other controlled drugs
- Becomes proficient in and follow current MTM practices performed in the pharmacy
- Ensures the proper opening and secure closing of facilities, the secure and proper handling of the money and daily receipts and the daily reports performed.
- Maintains customer and prescriber awareness of unique products & services.
- Provides input and assistance with the pharmacy inventory control with diligent attention to appropriate and responsible product replenishment and turnover.
- Provides input and assistance to any and all members of the organization toward the achievement of the pharmacy’s Strategic Objective.
- Fosters an environment of team success.