CSI Health is actively seeking a Pharmacist in Charge for our client located in the Medford, OR area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours;
- Would need to be available between 9 AM and 9 PM
This position is responsible for dispensing prescriptions and coordinating clinical services for specialty drugs serviced at the branch location.
- This position is responsible for interacting with the health care professionals in the provision and coordination of customer care.
- Must also translate prescriptions, perform compounds and dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals.
- Must be comfortable communicating by telephone or mail, with patients and physicians for patient care.
- Will also be responsible for resolving orders via the EA (External Adjudication) queue.
- This individual must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Will be responsible for:
- reviewing patient profile, drug interactions, sensitivities and drug usage database in relation to patient's prescription.
- Determines if prescription requires physician clarification or if it should be forwarded to therapeutic intervention or doctor phone calls for follow-up.
- Enters prescription in to the computer.
- Assists in patient services as required, taking incoming prescription medication questions/concerns from patients.
- Assists in the doctor phone call area and/or therapeutic intervention as assigned and contacts physicians to resolve any questions or concerns.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Works with other members of the pharmacy to ensure accuracy of prescriptions.
- Dispenses prescription medication and performs final dispensing quality check on all prescriptions for accuracy and dosage.
- Previous pharmacy experience in retail or hospital preferred.
- Appropriate state license required.
- Experience in home infusion therapy is preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong organizational skill, interpersonal skills and detail orientation important for this position.
- Minimum of one year's pharmacy experience in a retail or hospital setting preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy or Pharm D. also required
- At least two years experience as a pharmacist.
- Must have an active license in good standing.