pharmacistservicesat the FederalCorrectionalInstitutionlocated in Waseca, Minnesota, asdetermined necessary by the HealthServicesAdministrator.The work consists of:
- Reviewingandverifyingappropriateness of prescriptions
- Reviewingpatient medicalrecordsfor allergies
- Physically checking prescriptionsfilledby authorized medicalstaff, including the pharmacy technicianandprescribingclinicians, and documenting the verificationbeside the medical record entry (prescription)
- Ensuringlocal and national formulariesare utilized by the clinicians
- Maintainingadequate inventory of medications
- Providinginformationto the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee on a quarterly basis or asneeded
- Servingasa resource for the cliniciansregardingpharmacologicalissues/concerns
- Providingpatienteducation to the inmate population
- Completingadministrativedutiessuchasadversedrug reactionreporting, notifying the ClinicalDirector or their designee of discrepancies in prescriptions
- Conductingpill linesasneeded.
- servicesare a contractualarrangementand not a personnel appointment. Theservices do not constitute anemployee/employerrelationship.Payment is based on the provision of anendproduct or the accomplishment of a specific result. The contractor will not be subject to governmentsupervision,exceptfor security related matters.However,contractor performanceshall be closely monitored.
The contractor will provide anestimatedeight one-hour sessionsper week.Occasionallythroughout the year, weekly coverage (40 one-hour sessionsper week) will be required.Allscheduling shall be mutually agreed upon by the HealthServicesAdministrator and the serviceprovider. Hours of work shall be during the normal duty hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- throughFriday, excluding federal holidays. These hoursmay be adjusted to meet the needs of the FCI.The Contract Monitor willschedule monthly appointmentsat the beginning of each month. Thecontractor willhave a minimum of five businessdays notice prior to servicebeing ordered. Due to the nature of the correctionalsetting,delays in performance of workmay