Client Implementation Manager - PBM
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Start Date: in 2 weeks
Duration: Thru Jan 2019, with possible contract extension or perm hire.
This is a Business Role (not technical) in Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM).
The Client Implementation Manager will lead the overall implementation process for moderately sized implementations that are medium to complex with the ability to lead implementations in two or more lines of business. In this client facing role, the primary client focus will be smaller health plans, key and mid-market accounts, larger TPAs and/or strategic accounts and may lead the implementations with support as a mentor to a Consultants or Sr. Consultants where additional implementation support is needed. Tracking the progress of the implementation will take place using a Project Plan, weekly update calls, and maintenance of the RAID Log (Risk, Actions, Issues, and Decisions) until all Implementation tasks are completed. This position will partner cross functionally to support opportunities through new product development, new/existing client assignments, while ensuring delivery of customer requirements, through the timely and accurate documentation of Management reporting tools and effective management of partners to meet key deliverables inclusive of transitioning the client to the Account Team to maintain on-going relationship with the client post implementation. Some of the key responsibilities of this position are:
- Deliver a high quality, on-time client implementation as identified by the completion of the Implementation process and procedures through development of project plans and milestones to execute on tasks.
- Contribute to assigned process improvement activities through participation in assigned process improvement initiative projects
- Ensure assigned support team is delivering on expectations within the timelines established in working with incumbent vendors, consultants or Third Party Administrators when required and document and communicate key changes
- Support finalist meetings, special projects, Pre-Kickoff Activities (pre-implementation meeting with internal sales partners), Pre Go-Live Activities
- Identify process improvement opportunities providing proactive, strategic solutions
- Knowledge of internal processes and standards (Performance Guarantees, Service Warranties, BPG, CAG, Fast Start, Stages of a Sales Opportunity, Formulary Codes, Claims Statuses, etc.)
- Partner with business Areas to document client requirements and ensure routing to appropriate areas and validation of completion of work assignments as well as tracking in SFDC within the agreed upon time frames
- Conduct or ensure support team conducts business validation testing in PeopleSafe, Go-Live Activities (Claims Review, Reporting), loading of eligibility files, and member communication and ID Cards.
- Ensure analysis is done to confirm there are no formulary discrepancies between SFDC, CRD, and RxClaim
- Manage through problems, provide strategic thought partnership to articulating how a delay in a task will impact downstream tasks and provide solutions
- Travel requirement of 25% - 40%
A successful candidate in this position will need to work cross functionally and independently to proactively manage projects risks while meeting all contractual performance guarantees and ensuring on-time delivery of client requirements for a successful Implementation. This candidate will need to demonstrate communication skills and build on relationships with our clients as well as other internal partners in the organization in order to execute on providing superior customer services. At times, this position will be required to present to Senior Executives both internally and at the client level. The ability to provide pro-active and effective in time management support to ensure attention to details with the Implementation Quality and Process while working in a fast paced environment is key for this role. A successful candidate should also have a thorough understanding of the PBM business and internal function partners that are key in supporting the implementation processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: List the top four or five primary responsibilities of the position in the space provided below, indicating the most important functions first and the approximate percentage of time spent on each.
1. Lead the overall implementation process for moderately sized implementations that are medium to complex; skilled in handling two or more lines of business; primary client focus will be smaller health plans, key and mid-market accounts, larger TPAs and/or strategic accounts
2. Lead project or a team of Consultants or Sr. Consultants when additional implementation support is needed
3. Collaborate with internal partners to deliver customer requirements, through the timely and accurate documentation of Management reporting tools and effective management of partners to meet key deliverables
PROJECT MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Complete and maintain implementation toolkit, templates, and documents
- Create & Finalize the Project Plan (aka baseline the plan, coordinating signoffs with business areas and setting expectations up front)
- Upload the project plan to SFDC
- Assign tasks in queue in SFDC
- Post files to SFDC case record
- Train business area resource on use of SFDC
- Escalate to manager when your bandwidth is exceeded and you need assistance completing your tasks
- Send weekly agenda and meeting notes to client and internal partners
- Escalate to manager when tasks are at risk of missing deadline
- Look ahead to anticipate problems and document risks in RAID log
- Escalate when the process is not being followed (to business area leader)
- Proficient using the following tools to manage projects:
- Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Microsoft Project (MPP)