To provide a resource for stores to resolve Third Party claims processing issues as well as assist pharmacy staff on billing procedures. To troubleshoot and determine the source of a Third Party problem, react to the issue in a timely manner, follow up with a resolution to the pharmacy and educate our staff on billing procedures.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer pharmacy calls pertaining to Third Party billing, provide assistance to retail pharmacies ensuring issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Determine whether system problems are software or hardware related and escalate to the appropriate department.
- Log calls into a proprietary call management system for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Serve as a liaison between pharmacies and insurance plan or claims processors to resolve prescription problems.
- Service to store includes flexibility in shift schedule to include nights and weekends.
- Assist other departments with specific projects as assigned.
- Perform user acceptance testing on all new software enhancements.
- Communicate to team and other departments of any pharmacy issues as they are reported.
- Cross train in other areas within the department.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Familiarity with multiple pharmacy software systems a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of retail pharmacy experience as a licensed technician.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Third Party processing and NCPDP Industry Standards preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong follow-through skills with focus on problem resolution.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize workload.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Detailed & result oriented.
- Readily adapts to new systems and processes.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Ability to sit for long periods at desk or computer.
- Will use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location