The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Pharmacy Technician for a contract role with our client in Sacramento, California. This a great chance to join the team of one of the nation’s largest long-term care pharmacies!
Candidate must be able to work one of the following shifts:
- Th-Fri and Mon: 12pm-9pm and Sat/Sun: 9am-5:30pm
- Mon-Tues and Fri: 12pm-9pm and Sat/Sun: 9am-5:30pm
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting by phone; answering questions and requests.
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating and ordering needed medications and supplies
- Prescription activities in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Organize medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities, adjudicating claims and resolving any rejections including prior authorization.
- Packaging and organizing daily Rx orders.
- Assist patients with Co-payments and financial assistance programs.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numeral), brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology
- Licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law
- Basic math and analytical skills
- Intermediate typing/keyboarding skills
- Previous pharmacy tech experience strongly preferred, especially in a specialty pharmacy environment
- Applicable certification strongly desired.