Joslin Diabetes Center extends a search for an experienced Major Gifts Officer.
The Philanthropy Officer (Major Gifts) manages a portfolio of 125 plus active individual donors, guiding them through the Moves Management cycle with intent of cultivating and soliciting gifts of $100,000 or more.
This position works with the Senior Director of Individual Giving, Chief Philanthropy Officer and Joslin Leadership to grow the pool of prospective major gift donors in support of Joslin.
If you are excited about being a part of a mission driven organization and find it important that your work is meaningful, you can have the critical opportunity to make a significant difference and direct impact in the lives of the millions of people dealing with diabetes.
As the science and practice of medicine continues to evolve, Joslin Diabetes Center’s core mission endures: To prevent, treat and cure diabetes. We are all touched by diabetes in some way and now it is your turn to make a difference in the fight against this disease that affects 1 in 10 Americans. The reasons for giving are as varied as the givers themselves, but what connects all Joslin donors is their heart, their dedication and their conviction to beat this disease.
- Manage a portfolio of 125 plus active prospects who have the capacity to give $100,000+, balancing exploratory visits designed to qualify suspects and key cultivation moves that will bring the prospect closer to solicitation, with regular and specific stewardship communications.
- Meet monthly metric goals for in-person donor visits in addition to regular correspondence and phone calls, to ensure that prospects and donors are qualified and moved through the Moves Management stages toward solicitation. Ensure that our best donors and prospects are receiving personal, regular and substantive communication.
- Qualify new prospects to determine if they are potential major gifts donors. Work with the Prospect Research Manager to define appropriate capacity and inclination criteria for current donors. Develop processes and strategies to cultivate new donor prospects.
- Utilize the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) to manage and track planned actions and accomplished moves with constituents.
- Cultivate and manage strong working relationships with volunteer leadership, clinicians and researchers to identify potential donors and to enhance relationships with current donors, providing information to donors with the intent of encouraging further involvement in and giving to Joslin.
- Serve as liaison to a clinical section to strengthen our working relationships with clinicians and researchers leading to the identification and cultivation of a larger pool of prospects.
- Engage prospective donors in cultivation opportunities including Leadership Council, President’s Round Tables and Signature Events.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Fundraising, Marketing or other relevant fields, or equivalent work experience
A minimum of 4-7 years of leadership or major gift fundraising experience
Demonstrated success in soliciting $25,000+ major and/or planned gifts
Ability to write concise, logical, grammatically correct proposals and acknowledgements to maintain donor relationships and solicit major gifts
Ability to speak on a one-to-one basis to inform and engage prospects and donors as part of Moves Management cycle: This role requires some travel to regional major gift meetings and one-on-one meetings with donors and prospects
Joslin is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization and we strongly encourage diverse applicants.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision