Job Title: Photographer
Job Classification: Full Time Employee
Overview of Job Description:
Photographer responsibilities include: photographing all baskets, components and sourcing materials in every stage of development for the following Houdini/WCGB’s forms: Cost, customer and component sheets. Also responsible for photographing all web shots for WCGB’s/Van’s website, Houdini E-Commerce accounts and stylized food images for packaging.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and schedule all Web account photos to meet customer due dates.
- Photograph all baskets designed in every stage as necessary (i.e. original, revised, final, web etc) for both our wholesale and e-commerce customers.
- Prop and style all web shots for high quality photographs, be as creative as possible.
- Style and photograph food images for company packaging.
- Edit all photos for ecommerce/web use.
- Insert and edit all images into cost, distribution and component sheets, as needed.
- Provide Catalog photos as required to meet print timelines.
- Maintain photographic supplies and arrange for maintenance of equipment.
Typical Physical Demands:
- This is a physical job that requires moderate lifting of baskets, props and lighting equipment.
- Create and strike sets for photos.
- Must be able to climb a ladder for top shots.
- Able to work under pressure and against deadlines in a fast-paced design environment.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Studio/Office environment but does require work in a fast paced design room.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate the following qualities: Multi-task, problem solve, be detail oriented and flexible with demands of changing photo requirements.
- Good organizational and communication skills and able to work well with others in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to be creative when shooting web quality and print shots.
- Ability to manage workflow and volume shooting to meet deadlines and remain on schedule.
- Food/Product photography experience
- MS-Office including Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Photo shop-advanced skill level (on a PC/MAC)
- Canon DSLR, must be advanced skill level
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft office products such as: Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Knowledge of digital camera and camera equipment including lighting/strobes.
- College degree, certificate or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years in a studio/office environment.
- Prior digital camera, software and lighting experience required.
- Photography experience in web/e-commerce industry, including wholesale and/or retail fields.