We are a growing Chiropractic and Wellness center in Nashua, NH seeking a talented and professional Physical Therapist to join our team. This is a part time position that will expand into a full time position. The candidate will be able to structure the physical therapy program offered in our wellness center. We have an existing physical therapy space that the candidate can tailor to their techniques. This is a great opportunity for new graduates or an experienced therapist that only wants to work part time.
Restores patient's function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy.
* Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
* Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as nonmanual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
* Administers physical therapy treatments by giving massages; initiating traction; applying physical agents; utilizing hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines; directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
* Evaluates effects of physical therapy treatments and fit of prosthetic and orthotic devices by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
* Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
* Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Develops physical therapy staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Graduate of an accredited program in Physical Therapy. Licensed as a Physical Therapist by the state of New Hampshire Physical Therapy Governing Board required.