If you have a PT License or will apply for one due to finishing school soon, we want to talk to you! If you are enthusiastic about making a difference in the lives of patients, pursuing a rewarding career, and enjoying more free time with family and friends to explore your interests outside of work - consider a career as a Physical Therapist Reviewer at our Westchester, IL, contact center.
Physical Therapist (Utilization Clinical Reviewer) - Westchester, IL
Physical Therapist Reviewers are responsible for conducting pre-authorization, out of network and appropriateness of treatment reviews for musculoskeletal procedures and other services by utilizing appropriate policies, clinical and department guidelines. They collaborate with healthcare providers to promote the most appropriate, highest quality and effective use of musculoskeletal procedures to ensure quality member outcomes, and to optimize member benefits.
This is an in-office, call center environment in the beautiful Westbrook Corporate Center.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Receives pre-authorization requests from front-line intake
- Conducts initial medical necessity clinical review
- Determines if initial clinical information presented meets medical necessity criteria or requires additional medical necessity review
- Conducts initial medical necessity review of out of network pre-authorization requests for services requested outside of the client health plan network
- Notifies ordering physician or rendering service provider office of the pre-authorization determination decision
- Documents the results of the initial clinical review and determination in the pre-certification computer system
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and provider specific information
- Develops telephone service standards to meet departmental performance metrics
- Physical Therapist with a current, valid unrestricted license in the State of Illinois OR recent PT Graduates who will apply for license as soon as possible can be considered
- Clinical experience in an ambulatory or hospital setting is preferred
- Candidate with Orthopedic or Neurosurgical Spine experience (hospital, office or outpatient) is preferred
- Candidate should have good computer skills and solid typing speed and accuracy
- Familiarity with managed health care programs including HMO, PPO, and POS
- Familiarity with Utilization Management Guidelines preferred
- Familiarity with ICD-10 preferred
- Previous utilization and/or quality management and/or call center experience helpful
- Previous prior authorization experience preferred
TO APPLY, CLICK ON THE ORANGE STRIP AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.