Physical Therapy Assistant- Home Care FFSJob Number:002U9G
Assists in administering physical therapy care programs; monitors and communicates patient’s progress to Physical Therapist and other medical/ allied health personnel. Maintains medical records for each patient.
- Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State authorized practitioner, as directed.
- Submits required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department. Maintains progress notes and discharge summaries of assigned patients.
- Responds appropriately to established department emergency proceduresfor patient safety and care when necessary
- Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and activities.
- May attend family meetings/conferences pertaining to the welfare and management of assigned patients.
- Performs related duties, as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s Degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant from an accredited college, required.
- Must be currently certified and registered as Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State.
- Must have a valid permit and become certified and registered within one (1) year of employment.
- Previous hospital/rehabilitation center experience preferred
Primary Location:New York County-New York-2 Park Avenue
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time:9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Job Level:Team Member