Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner –Orthopedic Associates
We are seeking a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner in our Surgical our OA Department to:
- Assist physicians in all aspects of patient care, including examining patients, performing complex history and physicals, compiling medical data, administering or ordering diagnostic tests and interpreting test results.
- Perform therapeutic duties such as wound care and managing infection.
Completion of an approved educational program for Nurse Practitioner
1-3 years of clinical experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current State of Wisconsin License as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Valid BLS certification required within 3 months of appointment.
- ACLS certification desirable.
- DEA registration
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required for making decisions and solving problems.
- Requires extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of medical care.
- Ongoing education is critical.
- Good reading, writing and communication skills are a necessity.
- Spanish translation abilities would be helpful.
- Knowledge of infection control is important.
- Must be familiar with all SPMHC and department standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- Need skills in understanding, explaining, teaching, and motivating people.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to keep sensitive information strictly confidential is vital.
- Must be able to deal with all ages of patients who are ill, in pain, confused, worried, or uncooperative by using excellent human relations skills.
- Full time position (0.8 to 1.0 FTE)
- Weekly schedule: 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.