Wheeler Staffing Partners is currently seeking a Physician Recruiter for a large healthcare provider in Detroit. The Physician Recruiter is responsible for developing and implementing strategic physician recruitment and development plans based on community needs, coordinating out-of-market physician relocation efforts, and support for product lines and programs. To learn more about this opportunity please contact Brandon Price at firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
• Physician recruitment to include identifying potential out-of-market candidates, facilitating the process of their joining the medical staff, and assistance in the relocation process for the candidates.
• Establishes physician recruitment priorities based on an internal development plan and an external community needs assessment. Develops processes for successful physician recruitment and/or employment; implements as necessary to reach recruitment goals. Identifies opportunities and implements strategies to increase activity at the institution.
• Educates and updates leadership, physicians, hiring authorities and hospital staff as required on the recruitment process to assure all recruitment meets legal and compliance standards for the system. Coordinates recruiting visits
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Good computer skills – to include the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other PC applications.
• Experience with applicant tracking (i.e. Taleo).
• Detailed knowledge of services available in hospitals, both inpatient and outpatient, and the connectivity among those services.
• General understanding of a hospital’s organizational structure to include administration, staff and physician committees/other physician assignments.
• Demonstrated problem solving and customer service skills.
• Ability to sell the strengths/advantages of a physician’s association with a hospital.
• Skill in developing and maintaining long-term strategic relationships with physicians and their staff, hospital administration, and fellow employees.
• Demonstrated high level of organizational skills; effectively organizes priorities; ensures accuracy and completeness of work.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Strict adherence to Tenet policies and procedures, especially as related to physician gifts and/or courtesies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in physician recruiting, network development, or a similar role in hospital marketing or business development.