Provides on demand air transportation to company personnel in a safe and cost effective manner. Captain qualified in our current Citation Series aircraft.
Accountable and Reports to: Chief Pilot, CAO
Positions that Report to You: None
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as pilot in command of scheduled flights.
- Studies weather conditions and makes flight determinations.
- Conducts preflight inspections.
- Determines and files flight plans.
- Determines aircraft weight and balance for fuel.
- Responsible for arranging ground transportation if not already arranged by scheduler.
- Reports to work when scheduled and works the required number of hours.
- Prepares reports showing flight time, passengers, and miles.
- Responsible for interior and exterior maintenance and cleanliness of all aircraft if not already completed by scheduler/assistant.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Job
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interprets instructions.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic, algebraic, and geometric calculations.
- Must have the ability to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals and have increased contact with people.
- Must be able to physically perform light work: exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at distance of less than 20 inches and up to 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- The following physical activities are necessary to perform this job: Climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, and hearing.
- Current ATP
- Valid FAA medical certifications
Education and Experience
High School or equivalent experience with flight school training or technical college/bachelors. Must hold current commercial pilot, WITH ATP RATING WITH multi engine instrument rating. Turbine experience preferred. Over 3 years of similar or related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with other people in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems, creatively develop and execute solutions
- Ability to interact with advance computer systems, including schedule management, presentation production and job-specific programs
This position has a daily exposure to noise from the aircraft engines and wind. There is also the possible exposure to temperature extremes, dampness, vibrations, equipment movement hazards, and dangerous chemicals/solvents. This position requires the ability to work non-regular work hours
A certain amount of financial responsibility in regards to travel arrangements and their accuracy. Must be able to manage costs and budgets.
Has frequent contact with suppliers/vendors, the general public, community or trade/professional organizations, and federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies.
Has access to confidential information including company financial results.