Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Pipe Welder positions with the leading national hydrocarbon custody transfer measurement solution. Our client offers engineered custody transfer measurement, production, and process equipment to the oil and natural gas industry from the wellhead through midstream and transmission. The company has nearly 30 years of hydrocarbon measurement experience resulting in the most extensive installed base of custody transfer orifice meter tubes in the nation. Their products include engineered ultrasonic and orifice measurement stations, custom and standard meter tubes, LACT units, gas production units, pressure control skids, and ASME code vessels.
As a Pipe Welder, you will fabricate and assemble various steel parts per company drawings/specifications using ASME approved and qualified welding procedures specifications. Use and maintain related shop equipment for welding and product movement. Key responsibilities include:
- Read and interpret company drawings and specifications.
- Must pass a pipe weld test with the following procedures GMAW (MIG) and GTAW(TIG) meeting ASME requirements.
- Communicate with outside inspection agencies.
- Operate and maintain welding equipment efficiently.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and regulations.
- Overtime, as required by business needs.
- Follow Safety Guidelines and use the “Stop Work” Authorization.
- Follow all Quality Hold Points and support root cause analysis as needed.
- Ensure proper housekeeping is being followed.
- Meet or exceed daily work assignment goals that are provided.
- Maintain company tooling and report issues as needed.
Location: Brookfield, OH
Compensation: $15-$25/hour depending on level of experience + opportunity for up to 20-30 hours of overtime per week. End of year W2 potential of $60K-$90K+.
Shift: Day, Evening, and Night Shifts available. Needs may vary depending on location and business in area.
- 1-3 years of welding experience.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.