Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which they work by living the Vigor Values every day.
Truth: We seek the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility: We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love: We care about the people we work with, and the world we live in
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned. Successfully performs work as an individual, as a member of a single craft, or a multi-craft work crew. Performs work with minimal supervision.
- Complies with craft and shipyard safety and environmental measures.
- Recognizes and traces various pipe systems aboard vessels, including steam, lube oil, salt water, fresh water, hydraulics, cargo, crude oil and/or product, compressed air, etc.
- Disassembles/assembles and/or repair of shipboard systems.
- Reads blueprints to identify locations of various pipe systems.
- Operates pipe threading machine, pipe bender, and Oakey bevelers.
- Lays out, targets and fabricates various pipe (P-1 and below) to quality assurance standards.
- Tests and operates hydro pumps up to 5,000 psi.
- Determines sizes and schedules of pipes/take off of fittings (90o, 45o, and tees) utilized in the fabrication and/or repair of systems.
- Sets up and operates flushing machine.
- Uses a tape measure.
- Successfully completes sustained work at various heights, including, but not limited to 100 feet.
- Properly cares for and safely uses hand and power tools and all company property.
- Performs rigging (as applicable to pipe and valve systems) -- standards, terms, signals and safe working loads.
- Makes competent weldements, i.e., targeting pipe and hanger.
ESSENTIAL SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Incumbent performs similar work in all area of the Yard as the need arises.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communicates effectively, works independently or in a group.
- Ability to do basic math, i.e., add, subtract, divide and multiply.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proven skills, work history and/or applicable education will be considered in lieu of work experience.
Journey Level 1 Ship Repair
Some knowledge of several skills with more advanced knowledge of 1 primary skill and possess at least 1 certification (hours in skilled trade & demonstrated proficiency). Requires general supervision during performance of primary skill, but is able to perform job duties of A-1 through A-3 with little or no supervision.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Four-hour fire watch certification, must be obtained within 30 days of hire
- HAZWOPER �First Responder Awareness Level
- Transfers pipe, valves, tools, welding stinger to/from area of need. Requires vertically transferring pipe, valves, tools, welding stinger weighing up to (10 lbs.) from (4�) to (76�), up to (60/hr).
- Transfers fabricated parts on/off shop table, pallet. Requires vertically transferring fabricated parts weighing up to (40 lbs.) from (4�) to (40�), up to (20/hr.).
- Transfers parts (spools) to/from area of need. Requires vertically/horizontally transferring parts (spools) weighing up to (40 lbs.) from (4�) to (76�), up to (4/hr.), a distance of up to (25 feet) without mechanical assistance.
- Transfers materials on/off bench, pallet, install on vessel. Requires vertically/horizontally transferring materials weighing up to (75 lbs.) from (4�) to (48�), up to (10/hr.), a distance of up to (25 feet) without mechanical assistance.
- Positions, adjust pipes, valves into position. Must horizontally transfer pipes, valves requiring a force up to (60 lbs.), up to (6/hr.), a distance up to (2 ft.).
- Places rod in welding stinger, advance flex core wire feed, use power tools such as impact wrenches, grinders requiring coupling forces up to (25 lbs.), up to (60/hr.).
- Accesses tanks, scaffolding. Requires climbing ladder up to 200 rungs/hr. in (8 hr.).
- Accesses vessels, job locations. Requires climbing stairs up to 180 steps/hr. in (8 hr.).
- Accesses tanks, bilge areas. Accesses spaces with specific entries (18�) x (24�).
- Accesses pipe systems, works off manlifts, scaffolding. Must tolerate heights up to (100 ft.).
- Accesses interior of pipes to weld same. Must work in spaces with limited headroom of (24�).
- Traces, disassemble, assemble, layout, weld pipe systems aboard vessels. Requires repetitive assumption of posture to access a point (1 inches) from the floor up to (60/hr.).
- Sits to weld. Requires tolerance of seated posture up to (45 min.) continuously, for a total of up to (6 hr.) per (8 hr.).
- Stands to operate pipe threading machine, pipe bender, Oakey beveler; to fit, weld, layout pipe. Requires tolerance of standing posture up to (50 min.) continuously, for a total of up to (6 hr.) per (8 hr.).
- Requires (near/far/depth/color) vision to operate pipe threading machine, pipe bender, Oakey beveler; to fit, weld, layout pipe; to read tape measure.
- Accesses shop, tools, materials, vessels, job location. Requires walking up to (3.0 mi.) in (8 hr.).
Talking, Hearing, Vision, Near Acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less), Far Acuity (clarity of vision at 20 feet of more), Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision to judge distance/ spatial relationships), Color Vision (if required to distinguish colors for job performance or safety), Field of Vision (if required to observe a large field of vision while keeping eye fixed on a given point for job performance or safety), and Smell.
Interaction/communication with others, Works alone/independently, Repetitive work, Attention to detail, and Flexibility.
- Works indoors, Frequently- Works indoors in environments which may have fumes, chemicals and heat, as well as noise and dust present, depending upon the location of the pipe.
- Works outdoors, Frequently- Exposed to prevailing weather conditions.
- Safety equipment required, Must wear welding helmet, hard hat, clothing with no holes, long sleeve shirts, eye protection, respirator, hearing protection, and leather shoes.
- Other Exposures, May be exposed to vibrations, smoke, acids, degreasing cleaners, fumes, free silica, asbestos, dust, welding, solvents, oil, grease, and raw sewage; works in confined spaces.
- Operation of equipment/tools/vehicles, Uses (1-1/2 to 3 ton capacity) pipe threading machines, pipe bender, Oakey bevelers, positioners, grinders, drill motors/presses, portaband, sawsall, tape measure, cutting torch, overhead crane, lift truck, hand power tools including chainfall, portapower, compressed gas tank and wire feeders.
- Required hygiene standards, Per company standards.
- Other, None.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.