Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The Production Planner/Master Scheduler is responsible for developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. This position is also in charge of issuing releases to the manufacturing floor and requisitions to purchasing. The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the product line(s) with a monthly production plan consistent with the capacity and demand forecast. Working in conjunction with Operations Management and Product Line Manager, the Production Planner/Master Scheduler is responsible for determining the desired inventory levels including safety stock levels. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans. Strong collaboration with the Product Line Manager, Operations, Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, and Management will be critical to meeting business goals.
- Develop the Master Plan for designated product lines in the Advance Planning / ERP/ and or Excel where applicable through the SIOP process.
- Provide input to finance on operating plans for SIOP process concerning incoming volume and capacity
- Create a Master Production Plan for designated products, including manufacturing lead times.
- Communicates changes to production floor to fulfill production schedule.
- Issues work order releases.
- Issues purchase order requisition releases.
- Insures coordination with Line Supervisor to make adjustments to production schedules daily/weekly as needed to meet business and customer needs. Communicates demand information across a facility so that everyone is aware of volume and metrics.
- Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 months.
- Schedules all customer orders within 48 hours of booked status.
- Performs and or assists in transactional movements within the manufacturing of the product.
- E&O evaluations base on company parameters.
- ECO Evaluations and approvals when necessary.
- Assists in the development of inventory targets and manages production plans to achieve targeted inventory levels a unit basis.
- Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels and insure high service levels, i.e. product availability.
- Project finished goods inventory levels on a quarterly basis. Achieve desired Product inventory turn targets.
- Monitor actual output versus Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric in production performance to the CRD and SSD
- Working in conjunction with Warehouse Management, reconciles inaccuracies with customer shipments and deliveries.
- Maintains various reporting systems for key metrics ensuring that documentation is accurate and timely. Documents key information for analysis
- Supports meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications. Update Production Plan as necessary.
- Supports the cycle count process and annual physical inventory process if needed.
- Assures that documentation is prepared and maintained according to ISO standards;
- Coordinates with personnel from Operations, Engineering, Quality & Inspection, Logistics, Customer Service and others as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or APICS certification desired.
- Experience using ERP/MRP systems; Oracle ERP/ASCP experience preferred.
- Five+ years production planning and scheduling experience in a mix – model manufacturing environment desired.
- Experience in managing manufacturing processes as related to scheduling activities.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel desired).
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication, organization skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to understand customer demand and how to alter production to meet demand as well as an ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a team setting and in a cross-functional environment.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience a plus
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.