Planning and Scheduling Engineer
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Planning and Scheduling Engineer for our client in Houston, TX. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro's client is a leading component manufacturer with a portfolio of oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural products and fine chemicals. Their customer base includes many diverse industries and markets, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, textile, construction and automotive industries. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provide planning and scheduling expertise on investments of various size and complexity.
- Active participation in the overall planning process, development of detailed schedules for FEL, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning phases.
- Track planned and earned physical progress, key milestone changes, identify, analyze and offer mitigation for project delays, and support reporting to management.
- Lead and conduct Interactive Planning Sessions.
- Active participation/development of Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Generate predefined schedule and reporting requirements and ad hoc reports on an as needed basis.
- Strong analytical skills that will allow proper assessments of projects to identify potential issues.
- In addition, be able support development and recommend solutions via communication and support with Project Management.
- Perform studies/analysis on schedule durations, productivity, progress, historical data, etc.
- Assist in the development and improvement of planning and scheduling tools, processes, and procedures.
- Will be required to work both independently and with a team in carrying out a project's planning and scheduling efforts
- Work environment (extent of interaction with Supervisor(s) for approval, concurrence, resolution, etc.):
- Work with Project Manager on a daily basis for execution of project.
- Work with Planning and Scheduling team and the Manager of Project Management Office for overall planning and scheduling process alignment.
- Business environment (economic or technological conditions dealt with on a regular basis):
- Working with multiple software (P6, Microsoft Project, Acumen Fuse, Acumen Risk, and Excel).
- Works with multiple Engineering Partners and Contractors.
- Internal and external relationships (nature and frequency):
- Frequent interaction internally (Project Manager and team, Planning and Scheduling team).
- Frequent external action with Engineering Partners and Contractors.
- Communication and Organization is key
- Industry experience preferred includes petrochemical, oil & gas, or similar heavy industrial fields.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- In depth technical knowledge about overall project planning, schedule risk analysis, risk management, and detailed scheduling work processes for all phases of a project including FEL, detailed engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning.
- Excellent Primavera use and knowledge.
- Schedule Risk Analysis Software experience is preferred (i.e. Acumen Fuse, Acumen Risk).
- Excellent computer skills primarily in Excel.
- Strong quality focus with an attention to detail.
- Strong communication, initiative, and collaborative skills
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Pamela Saba at PamS@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:Eclarovalues diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.