We are looking for a finance professional with a manufacturing background who can be a strong business partner with the Operations, Sales and HR functions at our Sacramento window and door manufacturing facility. Manufacturing is roaring back and we are no exception. We're busy, we're complex, and we need a top-notch manufacturing finance professional to guide forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and the best business decision-making. While the position is part of a matrix organization and reports up through Milgard Finance, the role is also part of the location leadership team that is responsible for driving execution on operational and financial goals. In addition to supporting traditional accounting functions, the Plant Controller is also responsible for budgeting and forecasting as well as financial, operational and sales analysis.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
• Apply business acumen and a bias for data driven decision making in order to be an effective business partner
• Works with location management to develop monthly financial forecasts annual operating plans
• Analyzes location financial, operational and sales results and partners with functional leaders to address performance gaps and drive solutions
• Participates in continuous improvement activities and validates savings achieved during these events
• Supports Corporate Finance during month end close and supports the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, fixed assets, inventory and operating expenses.
• Develops and maintains KPI’s to monitor location performance
• Directs and participates in cost analyses, margin analysis and rate studies
• Prepares and delivers presentations on location financial performance
• Ensures the location has adequate internal controls to address financial statement risk (SOX 404), fraud risk as well as protection of company assets
Our ideal candidate will possess the following experiences and skills:
• 5 years or more of experience in Finance or Accounting with a clear progression of increased responsibilities
• Experience in manufacturing strongly desired; Lean or other Continuous Improvement (CI) experiences are highly valued
• Must be experienced in month-end closing and financial statement reporting
• Experience with cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting as well as financial and operational analysis
• Advanced skills with Excel and Business Intelligence (BI) tools are desired
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
• Advanced degrees and/or Certifications are a big plus
Join a company on the move - 2017 was a great year and 2018 will be no exception. We're ambitious and we want people who want to grow their careers with us. Check us out at www.milgard.com/careers and see why Milgard is a great place to be! Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook too!