Title: Plant Controller
Type: Full Time
Top Level Division: Federal-Mogul Powertrain
Location: South Bend, IN, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Permanent work authorization in the U.S. required (NO sponsorship is available for this position).
Federal-Mogul Powertrain is looking for an experienced Plant Controller to work in our busy Piston manufacturing facility in South Bend, IN. This individual will be responsible for the direction of accounting and record keeping functions, financial and information systems management.
An ideal candidate would be an experienced and degreed Controller who has worked in a fast paced-manufacturing environment. This person will report to the Plant Manager and will become a valued member of our Finance department therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong. We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role.
You'll first hear from the plant Human Resources Manager to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, so you can be sure of prompt communication and transparency throughout.
- Manages staff for accounting and record keeping functions and insures timeliness of plant performance, i.e. monthly closings, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Inventory, etc.
- Performs or assists in administrative functions for company including; insurance, banking, cash management, taxes (payroll, property, sales, income), 401K plans, etc.
- Oversees preparation of budgets and forecasts on a monthly and annual basis.
- Manages all records and accounts for periodic annual audits.
- Accountable for recording and safeguarding all company accounts.
- Investigates and initiates accounting procedure and information system improvements within SAP.
- Maintains computerized accounting system (SAP) and trains staff as needed.
- Maintains departmental efficiency regarding timeliness and quality of reports and procedural requirements.
- Maintains inter-departmental relationships of such a caliber as to promote confidence, integrity and cooperation.
- Responsible for the development of departmental staff and sees that company policies and programs are effectively made known; cooperates and assists in the development of effective communications.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 7-10 years related experience; plant experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, communication (written and oral), and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to interface with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
Federal-Mogul, LLC is a leading global supplier of original and aftermarket equipment for the
automotive, aerospace, mining, marine and industrial markets. Founded in 1899 in Detroit, MI., Federal Mogul has more than 53,000 employees globally and maintains its world headquarters in Southfield, MI. The company's products and services enable improved fuel economy, reduced emissions and enhanced vehicle safety.
*Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the applicant undergoing and passing a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled