Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce that we are now recruiting for a Plant Operations Manager for our Vandalia, OH
location. We are seeking a high caliber Operations Manager who is well trained, knows how to make an operation run smoothly and predictably and is a good leader with potential for growth. Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of the operations function of the business for a single facility ranging from 250-350 employees.
- Responsible for the coordination and performance of all manufacturing operations, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, facilities, maintenance, production control and direct and indirect hourly employees
- Refine the manufacturing strategy that supports the corporation, solidify its regional strategy, aggressively lead the company’s lean transformation
- Assess the existing management talent and ensure that they have a core team around which to build their future
- Become a source of positive driving energy and leadership for the company with strong personal, interpersonal and technical competencies
Ability to manage people and to respect and maintain good relationships with all levels of the workforce. Sound leadership skills, well-developed management skills and a good listener. Experience working in a nonunion environment, proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to make good decisions based on factual information. Must be able to travel and spend a high percentage of time in the manufacturing environment. 'Inspired/passionate towards excellence, innovation and growth of the business, the organization and himself/herself. Creative thinking and seasoned judgment resulting in breakthrough ideas and results. Strong self-awareness, including accurate self-assessment and high self confidence. Exceptional self-management and resourcefulness, accepting total responsibility for all of his/her experiences. Self regulating with integrity, composure, and flexibility. Strong empathy with emphasis on understanding others, developing others and a service orientation. Leading by effectively communicating, influencing, working with a collaborative approach. Prefer manufacturing/quality engineering experience and experience with high performance self-directed work teams in non-union operations. Strong cross-functional knowledge in different operating cultures. International travel and experience working with Asia.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field
- 10+ Years in successive leadership roles in an assembly, machining, or stamping manufacturing environment or equivalent, primarily in manufacturing roles
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.