Plasma Processing Technician
GCAM is dedicated to and specializes in plasma industry. We are a growing company with centers in multiple states, and we have an immediate need for a Full-Time Plasma Processing Technician at our facility located in Twin Falls, ID.
Please note: This is an entry-level position and you do not need to have relevant work experience just a desire to grow, develop and learn. GCAM will provide in-house training.
At GCAM, we are looking for those individuals possessing a positive “get-it-done” attitude at work, and are looking for the opportunity to grow with a company contributing to improving people’s health and quality of life. GCAM offers a competitive salary and to full-time employees, a benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverages and a company matched 401(k).
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Collects and processes donor samples for processing and testing.
- Records weight of product and samples.
- Labels samples and freezes units for final packing within the required time frame. Participates in unit management according to SOP.
- Packs units for final shipment; pack samples and prepares shipping box to send samples to the testing lab.
- Monitors stored product to ensure time requirements are met. Monitors and reports working conditions of equipment.
- Maintains active communication with other service areas to ensure accurate documentation and quality.
- Completes all necessary documentation. Ensures donor confidentiality. Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall satisfaction with the center to support long-term donations.
- Learns and maintains through familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Maintains supplies necessary to perform job duties.
- Maintain work pace to meet production standards.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent (Must be able to show proof)
- Must be proficient in English (Read, Write, Speak); Legible handwriting
- Current CPR card a plus
- Prior experience in a plasma donor center or medical environment preferred
- While performing duties, repetitive hand movement of both hands and the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects.
- May reach above and below shoulder height.
- Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye.
- Work is performed standing for 6-8 hours per day. Occasionally walks.
- Repetitive foot movements, bends and twists neck and waist for 4-6 hours per day.
- Light to moderate lifting of 15-30 lbs., heavy lifting of 30-45 lbs. for 2-4 hours per day with a maximum lift of 50 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme cold below 32ÕF. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, and gloves.
- Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens