A career with the City of St. Louis - Department of Public Safety - Police Division offers excellent benefits, job security, great opportunities for advancement and the rewards of serving a diverse and growing community.
We are presently recruiting individuals who have a desire to positively impact the St. Louis community through service and involvement. You can become part of a culturally diverse team that strives to continually improve its performance through dedication and commitment to the St. Lois community.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career in law enforcement, APPLY TODAY!
- Applicants must be twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of filing the Employment Application.
- United States citizen.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No prior police or law enforcement experience is required.
- Applicants must possess and maintain a valid Missouri driver’s license while employed by the City of St. Louis.
CHARACTER INVESTIGATION: Each applicant will be required to complete a lengthy (36 pages) background questionnaire and will be subject to an extensive background investigation. Applicants with unsatisfactory backgrounds will be eliminated from consideration for this position. Applicants must meet eligibility standards for licensing as a peace officer, as determined by the Missouri Department of Public Safety, Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST) Program. Applicants who have criminal histories as outlined in Section 590.080.1 and Section 590.100.1 of the Missouri Revised Statutes are not eligible for POST licensing. Applicants with unsatisfactory criminal histories will be eliminated from consideration for this position.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Previous law enforcement or military experience. Associate’s degree or higher or completion of college course work toward a degree.
- College tuition reimbursement program
- Deferred compensation plan
- Generous Pension Upon Retirement
- Medical Insurance (free option available)
- Dental Insurance (free option available)
- Free Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Education Incentive Pay
- Foreign Language Proficiency Pay
- Annual Raises
- Training Seminars
- Fitness Center
- Credit Union
TO APPLY: Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received to fill anticipated vacancies. Applications can be submitted on the Internet via the City of St. Louis website at http://stlouis-mo.gov .
Additional information concerning the Police Officer Trainee application process can be found at http://www.slmpd.org/careers.shtml.