The Policy Law Clerk provides essential legal research and fact gathering concerning a wide range of sexual violence issues. The Law Clerk will also be expected to draft materials as needed, including memoranda and one-page summaries, and may be asked to review and analyze legislation, regulations, and other policy documents. The fields of law to which the Policy Law Clerk will be most exposed include, but are not limited to, the following: constitutional law, criminal law, criminal procedure, and family law.
- Support and assist staff in legal and legislative research, with a specific focus on states' sexual violence laws
- Provide the policy department with general legal research and relevant facts regarding sexual assault issues
- Help drafting amicus briefs, memorandum, policy statements, and letters to government officials as needed
- Assist with administrative and data input tasks as needed
- Assist in updating and establishing tools for disseminating policy resources, including database materials, webinars, action alerts, etc.
- Current law student (required qualification)
- Strong writing, research, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interest in policy work, experience in legislative office is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in the issue of sexual violence
- Comfortable with legal research tools, including LexisNexis and Westlaw
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a team-player attitude
TO APPLY:Please attach the following materials athttps://rainn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1135369.html:
- Cover letter
- Legal Writing Sample
When you work for RAINN, you're joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of sexual violence every day. Your job is important--and so are you. RAINN will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. RAINN is committed to maximizing the diversity of its organization and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.