Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Birmingham, AL, US
Location details: AL, GA, FL, MS, LA areas
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Birmingham, Alabama (US-AL)
Location details:AL, GA, FL, MS, LA areas
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Will be field based covering an area servicing from Birmingham, AL to Tallahassee, FL and over to New Orleans, LA. Candidate should reside in this region and be willing to travel upon request. Seeking a Road Warrior!!
The Portal Crane Service team is seeking a self-driven electrical/mechanical technician in the southern Alabama to Louisiana area to provide scheduled and on-call support at customer sites. Technician will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting portal (wood-yard) cranes and associated equipment within the assigned region. Technicians are expected to work hands on while using critical thinking skills to solve customer issues. Scope of work can involve heights up to 100 feet.
Position requires flexibility, above average communication skills, and the ability to function in a team environment. The candidate must be able to travel out of town for extended periods of time.
* Minimum 5 years in an industrial maintenance environment or equivalent military experience.
* Experience troubleshooting 480 volt 3 phase motor control systems including static control and adjustable frequency.
* High school diploma or GED at a minimum.
* Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
* Ability to provide written and/or electronic reports and verbally communicate with customers.
* Ability to work at heights up to 100' above the ground.* Ability to work varied hours, overtime, and/or "on call" as needed.
* Position requires a moderate level of physical activity (ie. climbing stairs/ladders and walking).
* Position requires working in an outdoor wood-yard environment.
* Ability to assist in rigging for installation of large components associated with a portal crane.
* Prior crane specific experience is a plus.
* Associate's degree in Industrial/Electrical/Mechanical technology, technical diploma, or equivalent vocational/technical training is a plus.
* Experience troubleshooting Siemens and Rockwell drives and PLC processors is a plus.
* Experience with VFD's (variable frequency drives)
Our people are not only committed to helping our customers lift their businesses, but each other as well. Establishing meaningful relationships and collaborating with each other, with customers, and with our distributors, empowers our employees to achieve success. The passion our employees have to make a difference and enhance the quality of the lives of those around them is what makes our people unique.
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 17,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance.
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement