Job ID: 205099
Hallett Materials, a CRH company, was established in 1918. Hallett Materials produces quality aggregates with a firm belief in customer service. The materials produced by Hallett Materials are used in the construction of new highways, bridges and buildings as well as landscaping and maintenance projects.
The Portable Crushing Plant Supervisor is primarily responsible for assisting with daily production needs of a Crushing and Screen Plant. In addition this position is required to assist with the daily, monthly, and annual operations and maintenance of a Crushing and Screen Plant.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
· Promote a safe working culture for all employees; work with safety and field personnel to minimize risk and increase safety for employees at all times.
· Responsible for daily operations including safe production, quality, customer focus and maintaining the integrity of the safety and environmental systems within company’s operations for asphalt, aggregates, construction and equipment.
· Build effective teams and develop (direct reports) for future opportunities.
· Lead team in personal performance management, training and development, succession planning and effective recruiting and hiring.
· Ensure that all crews have the tools and training to operate safely at all times and that all federal, state and local laws concerning safety, environment and other applicable areas are adhered to.
· Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of the superintendents to ensure projects are built safely, on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
· Assist in Continuous Plant Improvement through use of performance standards.
· Assist with plant and equipment preventative maintenance programs.
· Assist in the daily operations of aggregates production.
· Assist in projects utilizing fabrication equipment.
· Perform daily safety checks of all equipment and plant operations to stay in compliance with OSHA and/or MSHA
· Perform general labor tasks as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
· Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Minimum of 1 year experience and/or training in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Prior experience in the heavy construction industry or aggregates production industry helpful.
· Valid Driver’s License (DL) and satisfactory driving record is required.
· Must be 18 years in age or older.
· Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
· Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Must be able to be flexible and work varied hours including mornings, evenings, holidays and or weekends as needed. Some travel will be required.
· Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
· Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Understand and execute oral and written directions.
· Demonstrated success in managing large group of employees.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Project management skills.
· High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
· Strong work ethic and high standards for safety in the workplace.
· Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving and receiving feedback.
· Must be able to use basic business ethics, data review and reconciliation techniques.
· Be able to use basic arithmetic, a calculator and knowledge of cash handling procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
· May require sitting for extended periods of time.
· Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Able to climb ladders and work at heights.
· Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
· Able to work in all weather conditions.
· While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions.
· The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Hallett Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.